What Is Eczema?
Eczema is a skin condition that often appears in the form that is similar to an allergic reaction. However, the actual cause is not known, and researchers do not attribute the condition to an allergy. While the cause is not known, there are a variety of factors that may contribute to the condition:
- Genetics – It is believed that eczema runs in families, especially those with a history of allergies, asthma and eczema. Genetics also plays a role in those with extremely sensitive skin, which is also prone to eczema as well.
- Environment – More cases of eczema are seen in urban areas that have increased pollution levels. Additionally, those who live in areas with colder climates tend to have an increased risk of eczema.
- Immune System – Researchers also believe that eczema results from the immune system being overactive or functioning abnormally.
Eczema, which is often referred to as atopic dermatitis, most commonly affects infants and young children, although there are some cases that occur or are first diagnosed in adulthood. The areas of inflammation are often seen in areas with skin folds, such as the neck, elbows, knees and groin. However, patches can also appear on the face, neck, wrists and ankles. Many younger children tend to outgrow the condition as they get older, but there are some who continue to suffer the flare-ups throughout their lives.
In addition to the causes of eczema, there are also triggers that can cause a flare-up to happen in those who have been diagnosed with it. These triggers can include:
- Diet – Foods such as nuts, eggs and dairy can cause eczema to flare. However, you should always consult your doctor before removing specific foods from your or your child’s diet.
- Stress – Eczema often flares during periods of stress for both children and adults that have the condition.
- Temperature Extremes – Exposure to higher temperatures, especially those that result in sweating, as well as colder temperatures can trigger an eczema flare.
- Irritating Substances – Clothing made from wool or synthetic materials and soaps and lotions with fragrances and other irritants can cause eczema patches to arise on the skin as well.
- Dry Skin – Dry skin is another factor that can affect eczema. Whether due to environmental conditions or repeated exposure to water or cold, dry air, anything that causes the skin to become drier can result in a flare-up.
The skin inflammation is a sign of toxins inside your body. You see it on the skin because your skin is the largest and only visible organ of your body. Therefore, in the case of serious or chronic skin problems, treating from the outside with cream is not sufficient.
Our natural approach is to detoxify your body by expelling the toxins from inside; preventing the problems from coming back.*
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Li
- Free Online Consultation: Online Eczema Treatment Consultation
- Video Consultation: Video Consultation Info
- For people who live in the San Francisco Bay area, please call 650-588-8335 to make appointment with Dr. Li.
Primary Treatment Products
EcDermaid Capsule: is an herbal formula for eczema. It is specially designed by Dr. Li for moderate to severe eczema. It works for all types of Eczema. This formula contains sixteen different natural herbs. They act together detoxify your body system to heal from the inside.
Ecdermaid Capsule Directions:
For adults with mild to moderate eczema, take 6-8 capsules, twice daily; For adults with moderate to severe eczema, take 8 to 10 capsules, twice daily. It is preferable to take the capsules with a meal.
EcDermaid Face and Body Spray: provides fast and long-term relief from symptoms of itching, redness, and dryness associated with eczema or dermatitis. It is designed for ultra-sensitive skin, such as that of a child. It is a safe and effective blend of natural minerals and herbs, and quickly penetrates into the deeper layer of the skin to help reduce inflammation and nourish dry skin without any irritation.
Ecdermaid Face and Body Spray Directions:
Shake well before use. Spray to affected area 3-5 times daily. Avoid contact with eyes. To avoid risk of allergy, test on a small patch before use.
EcDermaid Hand and Foot Cream: provides fast and long term relief from itching, redness, serious dryness and cracking associated with hand and foot eczema or dermatitis. This cream is a safe, effective blend of natural essential oils. It develops a deep penetration into the skin to help control inflammation, heal the cracking, and nourish the dry skin.
Ecdermaid Hand and Foot Cream Directions:
Apply to the affected area as needed, up to 5 times daily. To avoid risk of allergy, test on a small patch before first use. Avoid contact with eyes.
Kid's DermaCalm Syrup: is an Alcohol free herbal syrup specially designed for children's eczema or dermatitis. It is made of 100% Chinese herbal medicine. This special kid's formula helps clean the toxins inside the body to control the skin inflammation, and clear up the symptoms associated with eczema/dermatitis from the root.
Kid's DermaCalm Directions:
Follow the recommended dosage chart, twice daily, mix with drink: 6 month to 1 yr old, 1ml each time. 1-2 yrs old, 2ml each time. 3-4 yrs old, 3 ml each time
Supplementary Treatment Products
Skin Detox Formula: Detoxification is essential for people with skin disorders. The liver is the major organ involved in many processes of detoxification including the removal of toxins from our blood. The lungs bring the oxygen to the body and convert it to energy for the cells. The digestive system absorbs nutrients into the circulatory system to nourish the tissues and cells. Proper balance and function of the liver, lungs, and digestive system maintains a healthy body, thus your skin can greatly benefit from detoxification.
Therapeutic Shampoo: is specially formulated for a variety of problematic scalp conditions. It gently cleanses hair to help balance irritated scalp and stimulate hair growth. Merry Clinic Therapeutic Shampoo contains aloe vera and essential oils of tea tree, lavender, rosemary, cypress, geranium, peppermint, etc. It is effective in improving the conditions associated with dandruff and reducing flaking and itching while delivering nourishment to maintain healthy hair and scalp.
Herbal Bath Packet: is local treatment that is specially designed for moderate to severe eczema/dermatitis on hand, foot, etc. It helps control the skin inflammation and quickly relieve the redness and itching.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
**All customer testimonials as found on our Website are strictly the opinion of that person and any results such person may have achieved are solely individual in nature; your results may vary.